On Monday August 17th, 2009, a new chapter in the music industry of Barbados was written with the launch of the Association of Music Entrepreneurs (AME). The associations' primary platform will be to work with and develop export ready businesses so that they can channel their music catalogues and products across the globe, however there are many other critical matters that will be addressed by the association to bring greater entrepreneurship and investment to this vital sector of our economy.
The key objectives of AME are:
- To stimulate the generation of export focused music related products and services
- To gain recognition of the music industry as an integral sector that contributes to national economic growth
- To consistently work towards accessing funding and investment for the promotion of Barbados’ music industry
- To encourage networking and collaboration among local regional and international music industry professionals
- To develop the necessary domestic infrastructure that will encourage the export of the products and services of Barbados’ creative music sector